[TuxOnIce-devel] How to find driver blocking atomic copy
U Kuehn
2016-01-07 21:42:00 UTC

I have a setup of TOI with encrypted swap (dm-crypt), which sometimes
seems to block in atomic copy during resume. The machine is Lenovo x230,
kernel 4.3.3 with custom config (issue described below happened also
with earlier kernels).

Usually I can have some 5 to 7 cycles working fine, but then it
somewhere blocks on resume, so I have to turn off the machine and reboot.

The logs written by the pm-utils show the same modules are loaded on
occasions where the cycle finishes successfully and when it blocks.

From the documentation I see that I have to enable debugging, set
default_console_level to 6.

But which other settings would be suited to have a regular debugging
going on, in particular list which drivers / modules are being suspended
/ thawed before or after the atomic copy etc. My idea is to have some
sort of working debug level that allows day-to-day usage and still gives
enough information when the blocking occurs.

Best regards,
Ulrich

p.s.: Otherwise from this issue I am really happy with TuxOnIce for a
very long time!